Clogged milk ducts can be extremely painful and can lead to mastitis if left untreated. It can also lead to a reduction in milk supply. Gentle vibrations help to break through the blocked ducts.
2. Improve Milk Flow
Massage is a proven technique for improving and restoring milk flow.
3. Cut Down Pumping Time
With improved milk flow, mummies are able to cut down their pumping time when expressing and empty their breast better.
4. Reduce Breast Engorgement
Engorgement occurs when the breasts become overfull, which can lead to pain and swelling. Proper milk flow is important to healthy nursing.
How does it work?
Stimulate the breast with the wide side to improve letdown and soften the breast for latching
Use the narrow tip to empty faster and work out stubborn plugged ducts that can lead to mastitis
- Reduce engorgement and move milk more effectively with the scoop edge
When do moms use it?
Specifically designed to be with moms during every step of their breastfeeding journey, the Lactation Massager can be used:
- When the mother’s milk first comes in to provide relief from pain and discomfort
- Before nursing sessions to encourage let-down, soften the breast for better latching, and more effectively empty the breast
- In the nursing bra before and during pumping sessions to stimulate the breast and improve flow
- As needed to relieve pain and discomfort associated with mastitis, plugged ducts, and engorgement
- To replace tedious and tiring hand compression of the breast